With Christmas a week away, you’ve got just 7 days to cram in all the Yuletide festivities that you can. To make it a bit easier, here are my holiday top 5’s for the year.
Movies to watch:
After we’ve stuffed our faces with glorious holiday eats, we’re ready to veg out with a holiday flick. Here are 5 films to watch while the food’s digesting:
- A Charlie Brown Christmas via Redbox
- Elf: ABC Family, Friday, Dec. 19 at 8:00 p.m.
- Home Alone ABC Family, Sunday, Dec. 21 at 7:30 p.m.
- The Santa Clause ABC Family, Monday, Dec. 22 at 8:30 p.m.
- A Christmas Story TBS, Wednesday, Dec. 24 8:00 p.m.
Songs to sing:
Christmas tunes: you’re almost sick of them, but because you only have one week left of them, you’ll endure. Here are 5 to make your ear drums ba-rump-a-bum-bum:
- “I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus” by Jackson 5
- “Hallelujah Christmas” by Cloverton
- “I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day” by Casting Crowns
- “Silent Night” by Selah
- “Rockin Around the Christmas Tree” by Brenda Lee
Excuses to eat chocolate:
Yes, you may buy way too much post-Christmas chocolate in one week at 98% off, but let’s live in the here and now for a while. Tantalize your taste-buds with these 5 chocolate treats:
- Peppermint bark
- Chocolate-dipped pretzels
- Boxed chocolate, a classic
- Chocolate gingerbread cookies
- Chocolate-dipped peppermint marshmallows
Drinks to have:
Warm your heart and your pipes with some toasty holiday drinks. Or go for the cooler number one and three options. Either way, your palate will be praising Christmas flavors:
- Milk, egg or coconut nog or whatever kind of nog you’re into
- Peppermint white chocolate hot cocoa
- Cranberry sparkler
- Christmas tea
- Spiced Christmas coffee
Ways to deck yourself out:
Though I don’t suggest wearing all of the following at the same time, here are some ways you can show your holiday cheer without saying a word:
- Pop culture ugly sweater
- Reindeer antler ring
- Mariah Carey-style elbow-high Christmas gloves, because why not?
- Festive fingernails
- A little bit of sparkle